Built to get you through the toughest of courses
Welcome to the ENVE Demo Program
The best way to know WHY ENVE, is to ride a pair for yourself.
The ENVE Demo program allows you to ride ENVE on your own bike, on your own terms. Therefore, we invite you to put the ENVE wheelset of your choice through the paces and feel the ENVE difference in the real world.
How it Works:
- Select the ENVE wheelset you wish to demo
- ENVE Customer Service will contact you to give a brief wheel specification consultation
- ENVE will deliver your demo wheelset within 3 business days
- Upon receipt you will have 14 days to demo your wheelset
- Upon completion of 14 day demo period, repackage and return wheelset to ENVE using provided return shipping label
- *Purchase within 60 days and demo fee will be credited back to you
Cost - $250*
- Includes shipping to and from ENVE
- Wheelset delivered complete & ready to ride
(Includes: Installed Tires, Rotors, Cassette & Emergency Repair Kit
Choose WheelsetSES (Aero Road Wheelsets) – Present Images of available models w/ review ratings, same as category pages M Series (Mountain Wheelsets) – Present Images of available models w/ review ratings, same as category pages
A disc brake-specific carbon fiber tubular wheel designed from the ground up to be the ultimate cyclocross racing hoop
Cyclocross racers looking for the ultimate in lightness, stiffness, width, and durability
At ENVE, we love the sport of cyclocross and over the years, members of the cyclocross community have been some of our most loyal and vocal supporters. As such, we wanted to develop a cyclocross specific carbon tubular wheelset for the die-hard cyclocross racers of the world.
The ENVE CX disc specific carbon fiber tubular is designed for cyclocross racers looking for the ultimate in cyclocross race performance. As such, the tire bed has been developed for use with 33mm tires and is capable of withstanding frequent tire installations and removals. The shape of the tire bed has been further refined to reduce the instance of pinch flats. The ENVE CX rim is 28mm wide and 31mm deep. Because the ENVE CX is disc brake specific it does not feature a brake track and cannot be used with rim brakes. One of the great benefits of developing a rim for disc brake specific use is that the engineering team is no longer bound by the constraints caused by braking on the rim. The result is a rim that is substantially lighter and more compliant without sacrificing the strength or impact resistance of the rim. The ENVE CX tubular rims come in a 28 hole count only to maintain an optimal degree of stiffness and strength required for the frequent accelerations and decelerations that define cyclocross racing. Each ENVE CX cyclocross tubular is proudly manufactured in the USA.
|Effective Rim Diameter||596mm||596mm|
|Recommended Tire Size||33c||33c|
It used to be simple – train on clinchers, race on tubulars – but advances in clincher rim and tire design, plus the arrival of tubeless technology to the road, means that’s no longer the case. The best clincher and tubeless tires now out-perform top tubulars for rolling resistance. What’s more clincher rims and tires also integrate slightly more aerodynamically. For triathlon, grand fondos and nearly all road riding, tubeless/clinchers are recommended. In shorter events, or if you’re lucky enough to have a support car, committed racers will tell you that little else feels as good as a set of superlight tubs leaping out of a corner.
Need to know:
• Lighter and more responsive rims and total wheel and tire package
• Tires must be glued in place
• Recommended for criterium and road racers
• Everyone else is recommended to go tubeless
• Clincher and tubeless tires are more practical
Carbon brake tracks dictate a lot of rim design. By taking them away and re-engineering the rim we have improved the lateral stiffness, the impact resistance and the weight by 40-60g per rim. While disc hubs mean that total wheelset weights will remain near identical between rim and disc brake wheelsets, the disc brake wheelset will feel more responsive in acceleration, steering and braking because the mass has been shifted from the rim (higher rotational inertia) to the hub (lower rotational inertia).
Need to know:
• Disc-specific construction with no brake tracks
• Rims are lighter by 40-60g per rim
• Impact resistance increased
• Greater lateral stiffness