Purpose Built for XC and Gravel Endeavors
The ultimate carbon fiber racing wheelset
Welcome to the ENVE Demo Program
The best way to know WHY ENVE, is to ride a pair for yourself.
The ENVE Demo program allows you to ride ENVE on your own bike, on your own terms. Therefore, we invite you to put the ENVE wheelset of your choice through the paces and feel the ENVE difference in the real world.
How it Works:
- Select the ENVE wheelset you wish to demo
- ENVE Customer Service will contact you to give a brief wheel specification consultation
- ENVE will deliver your demo wheelset within 3 business days
- Upon receipt you will have 14 days to demo your wheelset
- Upon completion of 14 day demo period, repackage and return wheelset to ENVE using provided return shipping label
- *Purchase within 60 days and demo fee will be credited back to you
Cost - $250*
- Includes shipping to and from ENVE
- Wheelset delivered complete & ready to ride
(Includes: Installed Tires, Rotors, Cassette & Emergency Repair Kit
Choose WheelsetSES (Aero Road Wheelsets) – Present Images of available models w/ review ratings, same as category pages M Series (Mountain Wheelsets) – Present Images of available models w/ review ratings, same as category pages
The ultimate carbon fiber cross-country and marathon wheelset.
Mountain bikers who ride short-travel bikes, low-volume tires, and long distances.
Because cross-country riding and racing is most fun when your equipment allows you to ride how and what you want to. We believe the best cross-country wheelset should inspire confidence regardless of the terrain or race course. As such, the M50 is equally adept descending as it is ascending. The M50 is light, but not at the expense of strength; stiff but not to the detriment of comfort.
“Racing the World Cup is demanding on wheels and the M50 has exceeded all expectations. If a product is wrong I hear about it, but my racers don’t talk about the M50s because they just perform.”
– Cannondale Factory Racing
“Once again I’ll say that there really are no better mountain wheels on the market right now than the M-Series, and I’ve tried a lot of them.”
The ENVE M50 Fifty is a fast, cross-country specific carbon fiber mountain bike rim that plays host to new ENVE technologies and promises a ride experience second to none for XC riding and racing on hard-tails and short-travel suspension mountain bikes.
The ENVE M50 Fifty features ENVE’s patented molded spoke hole technology that allows for much better strength to weight ratio than other rims, as the carbon fibers are not drilled (and subsequently broken) to accommodate spokes. Given that the typical XC racer chooses a 29″ hardtail or short-travel suspension bike as their bike of choice the ENVE M50 features a full unidirectional carbon fiber construction and laminate design that provides more dampening and comfort for long hours spent in the saddle racing and training.
Further, at ENVE we use a removable bladder system and never uses paint or filler on our carbon rims. The result is a weight savings of approximately 120g per wheelset. Because cross-country racers and riders need equal performance on the climb and on the descent, the M50 Fifty is both lightweight and stiff, but strong and durable for uncompromising downhill performance.
The M50 is tubeless compatible and features a hookless design for superior tubeless performance. The ENVE M50 is proudly manufactured in the USA.
|External Rim Width||27mm||27mm|
|Internal Rim Width||21mm||21mm|
|ERD (Effective Rim Diameter)||601mm||601mm|
|Recommended Tire Size||1.9 in - 2.25 in||1.9 in - 2.25 in|
|Chris King 6B||670g||862g||1532g|
|DT 240 6B||665g||740g||1405g|
|DT 240 CL||634g||728g||1362g|
|Chris King 6B||690g||882g||1572g|
|DT 240 6B||685g||760g||1445g|
|DT 240 CL||654g||748g||1402g|
|Rim Model||M50||M60||M60 HV||M60 Plus||M70||M70 HV||M90|
|< 120 lbs.||FR||20-2422-26||18-2219-23||16-2017-21||12-1314-15||16-2017-21||15-1916-20||20-2422-26|
Hookless Bead Technology
The ENVE M Series M50 features a dedicated hookless bead construction for:
- Hassle free tubeless setup
- Ability to run lower tire pressures
- Burp-free Performance (Burping = Unpredictable air losses caused from hard impacts or cornering in which the seal between the tire and rim bed is broken)
Rim and Tire Width Optimization
The ENVE M Series M50 features a 21mm internal rim width and is purpose built for use with lower volume tires less than 2.1” (55mm). While the M50 was designed specifically to meet the demands of the world’s most demanding XC World Cup racers, the M50 has carved out a loyal following amongst CX, Gravel, Road Plus and Adventure racers.
- Inner rim width optimized for < 2.1” (55mm) tire size
- Optimal tire sidewall support to minimize tire roll and maximize traction and rolling performance
Strong, Light, Stiff
Each M Series wheel is purpose built for its intended application, tire size, suspension travel, and terrain. The M50 is designed for the rider who values uphill performance equal to downhill performance. The rim’s shape, unidirectional carbon fiber lay-up, and hookless bead widths represent the best balance of weight, stiffness, and impact resistance for riders who demand uncompromised cross-country and endurance race performance.
- Purpose built for how, where, and what you ride
- Carbon laminate specific for equal uphill and downhill performance
- Application specific unidirectional carbon fiber laminates
- Optimized hookless bead dimension for industry leading impact resistance
- Rim depth designed to balance comfort and durability
- 28-Hole count