ROAD FAST, MOUNTAIN TOUGH
NEW TOOLS OF DISCOVERY
The pioneers of cycling called it riding bikes, we call it “gravel”.
The definition is open to interpretation, the answer is yours to discover.
Whatever your motivations, the G Series will take you farther, faster…
Shop G Series Wheels
As gravel riders and builders of the world’s best road and mountain bike rims, we realized that the perfect gravel wheel did not exist in the ENVE range or in the aftermarket. So we built it.
Gravel challenges and contradictions
- Mountain product is “too much” while road products are “not enough”
- Adaptions or repurposed gear yields a less awesome ride – leaving fun on the table
- Looking for great acceleration and incredible toughness
Gravel is fun, fast, and can be as challenging or technical as you choose.
Each of us has our own take on the perfect gravel set up and we expect that your definition of gravel may vary from ours as well.
This quick reference guide will help you understand what ENVE wheel products might be best suited for your ride.
Gravel wheels have strict requirements for fatigue, impact toughness and performance.
The targets we set for G Series would simply not be achievable with any other material.
• Extremely Tough
• High Volume
• Pinch-flat resistant
We demand lightweight for big elevation and long days in the saddle. We dream of floating up climbs, over obstacles and away from the pack. The G Series are the lightest tubeless rims we have ever produced.
The “bell” like shape of the G23 and G27 rim models is a lighter weight execution of our wide hookless bead and creates a rim section extremely capable of energy absorption and damping.
We demand toughness. In gravel riding, you need a rim that can handle everything from unexpected potholes in the road to a high speed impacts with death cookies, roots, and baby heads.
G SERIES IMPACT STRENGTH COMPARISON
- Tested to ENVE mountain impact standard
- Rated for unsuspended to lightly suspended bikes under the assumptions that technical terrain and obstacles are negotiated at lower speeds than mountain bike
- Mountain strong, but not ENVE mountain strong. While these wheels are stronger than many mountainbike wheels in the market, they rate just below the elevated impact strength of our new M Series
G23 = 700c x 23mm Internal Rim Width x 35 – 45mm tires
Rider’s looking for maximum versatility, speed and efficiency will gravitate towards the G23 paired with a 40mm tire. There’s a reason this is the most popular tire size in gravel right now.
G27 = 650b x 27mm Internal Rim Width x 42c – 2.25” tires
Riders on rough and loose terrain, who primarily ride dirt, often find more confidence and control from a larger volume tire. Those who prioritize traction and stable control over flat out speed will appreciate the G27.
We demand a secure tubeless set-up that will withstand the most aggressive terrain and riding style. ENVE has been building carbon tubeless wheels longer than anyone.
ENVE Tubeless means:
• Less flats
• A smoother ride
• Improved rolling resistance
• More traction
Ever find yourself sitting on the side of a road in the middle of nowhere, melting in the desert sun, covered in tubeless sealant, cursing the cycling gods? We have, and it’s not fun.
Pinch-flatting occurs in gravel because:
- It’s inevitable…
- Tubeless does not solve the problem of pinch-flatting, sealant prevents punctures, but does little for pinch-flats
- Bikes are unsuspended or lightly suspended (less than 50mm travel)
- Rims feature hookless designs which are notoriously unforgiving, especially on light performance tires
- Lower pressures and volume (compared to mountain bike), result in frequent rim strikes
Thankfully, we know where you are going, and we have a solution…
Engineered energy absorption and dissipation profile. Since testing began in 2017, there have been no reports of pinch-flats from test riders.
- 50-60% improvement in pinch flat resistance
- 30+% improvement in impact strength (when introduced to M Series wheels)
On rough surfaces, we often run tire pressures under 30psi on the G23 with 700 x 40mm tires, and down to 20psi on the G27 with a 27.5 x 2.1” tire. This is where the tires go fast and feel best. We demand confidence to ride the right pressure.
BACKED BY ENVE
Our 5 Year No Hassle Warranty – At ENVE, we believe you should ride our products as hard as our professional athletes do. If you’re the original owner of an G Series wheelset, and damage a rim while riding or racing, we’ll replace that rim at no charge as quick as we possibly can.
HANDMADE IN THE USA
US Made is about more than making the best products in the world. Building our products here, in our Ogden, Utah factory, means that every design, process, and wheelbuild is crafted and cared for by passionate cyclists like yourselves. We take our position as the best carbon rim manufacturer in the world very seriously and know that you expect only the best from ENVE.