A House Favorite
Welcome to the ENVE Demo Program
The best way to know WHY ENVE, is to ride a pair for yourself.
The ENVE Demo program allows you to ride ENVE on your own bike, on your own terms. Therefore, we invite you to put the ENVE wheelset of your choice through the paces and feel the ENVE difference in the real world.
How it Works:
- Select the ENVE wheelset you wish to demo
- ENVE Customer Service will contact you to give a brief wheel specification consultation
- ENVE will deliver your demo wheelset within 3 business days
- Upon receipt you will have 14 days to demo your wheelset
- Upon completion of 14 day demo period, repackage and return wheelset to ENVE using provided return shipping label
- *Purchase within 60 days and demo fee will be credited back to you
Cost - $250*
- Includes shipping to and from ENVE
- Wheelset delivered complete & ready to ride
(Includes: Installed Tires, Rotors, Cassette & Emergency Repair Kit
Choose WheelsetSES (Aero Road Wheelsets) – Present Images of available models w/ review ratings, same as category pages M Series (Mountain Wheelsets) – Present Images of available models w/ review ratings, same as category pages
The ultimate everyday carbon fiber cycling wheelset and choice of Team Dimension Data.
Road cyclists and triathletes looking to minimize the tradeoff between aerodynamics, lightweight, and stability.
Because from the moment the first prototypes made the rounds at ENVE, its been the house favorite. The SES 4.5 rounds out the Smart ENVE System wheel line as a true mid-depth everyday cycling race wheelset. Additionally, the SES 4.5 features a refined shape and construction that yields better acceleration, cornering, impact resistance, and weight savings.
-Brake pads 10mm (SRAM/Shimano or Campy)
-Valve Extenders (45mm set)
“The ENVEs are also some of the best all-rounders weve ridden; theyre light, stable, and plenty fast when you ask them to be. If we had to own just one wheelset for the rest of our life, these could be it.”
“This wheelset surprised me fundamentally due to how well balanced they are and the wide range of use. You can use them for practically everything. They are very light and can be easily used for climbing. On flats, they are very aero.”
|Effective Rim Diameter||563mm||545mm|
|Aero Optimized Tire Size||25c||25c|
It used to be simple – train on clinchers, race on tubulars – but advances in clincher rim and tire design, plus the arrival of tubeless technology to the road, means that’s no longer the case. The best clincher and tubeless tires now out-perform top tubulars for rolling resistance. What’s more clincher rims and tires also integrate slightly more aerodynamically. For triathlon, grand fondos and nearly all road riding, tubeless/clinchers are recommended. In shorter events, or if you’re lucky enough to have a support car, committed racers will tell you that little else feels as good as a set of superlight tubs leaping out of a corner.
Need to know:
• Lighter and more responsive rims and total wheel and tire package
• Tires must be glued in place
• Recommended for criterium and road racers
• Everyone else is recommended to go tubeless
• Clincher and tubeless tires are more practical
There are three elements, all the product of relentless research and development. First is the molded-in brake surface texture which provides more friction and allows water to be cleared almost instantly. Second is the advanced high-temp resin system which eliminates the heat build-up issues that other carbon clinchers can suffer, so you can ride long descents with total confidence. Third is our unique ENVE Black pad compound which is designed to work with the molded texture to provide incredible all-weather stopping power along with good durability.
Need to know:
• The best carbon braking, period. Near equal wet and dry performance
• 30% less lever force required for the same stopping power
• Advanced high-temp resin system eliminates heat build-up issues during heavy braking on long descents
• Specific ENVE Black Carbon Brake Pads included
Perhaps the ultimate all-round, high performance wheelset, the 4.5 debuted the second generation SES profile. It delivers outright class-leading speed while retaining a very low weight and incredible stability. No wonder it’s the go-to wheel for Team Dimension Data.
The all-new SES rim profile has a significantly revised curvature and increased widths that are optimized for 25mm tires in modern frames with greater clearances. This allows air to flow smoothly over the rim – it remains ‘attached’ – even at high crosswind angles and to reattach quicker after a strong side gust. These important advances make the 4.5 both extremely fast and stable for its depth. In challenging conditions, wind-steer is all but eliminated and side force builds and releases smoothly and predictably, so you can ride and race with complete confidence.
How fast is the 4.5? Compared to the first line of SES wheels, the 4.5 essentially matches the aerodynamics of the older 6.7, which was itself ballistic yet much deeper at 60mm front and 70mm rear, and of course heavier with it. Nothing of a similar depth or weight gets close to the speed of the 4.5.
Need to know:
• Class leading aerodynamics and weight
• Incredible stability in gusty conditions
• Second generation SES rim profile
• All-new rim profiles of 48 and 56mm
• Optimized width for 25mm tires